Thursday, February 19, 2009

IF COFFEE IS YOUR MEDICINE, REMEMBER YOU OFTEN SHOP AT TEACHING HOSPITALS


At one of the largest national brands that is green in label and "green" in approach at which we shop virtually every day, I have had a couple little glitches on the way to my own personal fix. At Starbucks today the lady couldn't get the cash register to work, and then when I overpaid her and she finally got it to work she forgot to give me my coffee. When she finally gave me my coffee it was not the size that I ordered, and when I reminded her of that she took the small coffee and poured it in a large cup and walked away and I didn't have the heart to pursue it.
The day before, when I was being served at Starbucks by an elderly lady who tried so hard to be friendly but not hard enough to be efficient. I ordered a glass of ice water with my coffee and she gave me my order and walked away. The only problem (and I'm not making this up) she gave me the coffee and the ice…but forgot the water. Anyways, life is learning and Starbucks is still the best coffee…but we just ask them to start actually listening to people's orders.

I have always felt that decaf coffee is like gin and tonic without the gin. Similarly, the folks at Starbucks are capable of making great coffee, just with lousy service.

If you enjoyed this article
click here to bookmark us!!

No comments:

The Faux News Network Principles


A) We distort, you abide
B) Or we retort if you deride, unless we choose not to
C) Complete sentences are acceptable in lieu of complete truths
D) It’s OK to criticize the 2006 Democratic Congress for all America’s problems since 2001
E) We shoot from the flip
F) We’re not always accurate but we’re always certain
G) On what we feel is wrong in this world, we can’t stop people from saying I don’t agree or I don’t care, but we won’t let them say I didn’t know
H) The director’s board has a whim of irony
I) In times of emergency, we should rally around our President: In times of democracy he should do the same for us
J) We proudly plagiarize in advance, examples available upon request
K) It’s easy to be fun-based when you’re fact based
L) Good news parody makes for good news parity
M) And, of course, our goal is and always will be to be the most trusted name in Faux News