Sunday, June 29, 2008

RECEIVED RECENTLY AT FAUX NEWS NETWORK HQ

Dear FNN,
I completely (well almost) support your assessment that Barack Obama has gone back on his word, when decided not to take public financing, although I am annoyed by the way you folks keep calling me John McSame. He’s let his supporters down and let the American people down. A man running for the nation’s highest office must be consistent to his stated positions no matter what events and/or threats may happen along the way. I have tried to practice this in my own campaign style and philosophy as I believe the record will show. Any fair and balanced assessment of my positions on the Iraq war, the Bush tax cuts, employing lobbyists in my campaign and political circle, and immigration have been consistent and unchanged no matter what the circumstances. Further, my positions on accepting the support of the so called “agents of intolerance” (I actually called him that) like Jerry Falwell, off shore (that’s our shores) drilling and supporting tuition payment for the troops (I’m just against the new GI bill because it gives them enough money to actually pay all the tuition) are to repeat, totally consistent. So let’s review; on the war in Iraq, the Bush tax cuts, lobbyists, immigration, endorsements from bigots, off shore oil drilling, and supporting the troops on tuition my positions are and have been totally unchanged…in the year 2008, or at least most of it.
Sincerely,
Senator John McSame, darn now you’ve got me saying it.

No comments:

The Faux News Network Principles


A) We distort, you abide
B) Or we retort if you deride, unless we choose not to
C) Complete sentences are acceptable in lieu of complete truths
D) It’s OK to criticize the 2006 Democratic Congress for all America’s problems since 2001
E) We shoot from the flip
F) We’re not always accurate but we’re always certain
G) On what we feel is wrong in this world, we can’t stop people from saying I don’t agree or I don’t care, but we won’t let them say I didn’t know
H) The director’s board has a whim of irony
I) In times of emergency, we should rally around our President: In times of democracy he should do the same for us
J) We proudly plagiarize in advance, examples available upon request
K) It’s easy to be fun-based when you’re fact based
L) Good news parody makes for good news parity
M) And, of course, our goal is and always will be to be the most trusted name in Faux News